If you continue to browse and use this website you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
- A “Member” is a Driver, a Passenger, both, or any other registered user of the Service.
- A “Driver” is a person using the Service and offering spare seats in their vehicle to share with other Passengers.
- A “Passenger” is a person using the Service and booking seats in a Driver’s vehicle.
- An “Account” is created by a Member to access the Yolo Cab service.
- A “Trip” occurs between an origin and a destination at a given date and time and includes details such as a pick-up point, drop-off point, space for personal items, and the number of seats available. A Trip is created and maintained by a Driver.
- A “Booking” refers to the act of paying the Contribution for a Trip through the Service before the happens.
- A “Request” is posted by a Passenger looking for a Trip between an origin and a destination on a particular date.
- A “Contribution” or “Trip contribution” refers to a sum of money agreed and paid by the Passenger to the Driver to cover the costs of a particular Trip and can’t accrue profit for the Driver.
- A “Booking Fee” is a service fee added atop of a Contribution and paid by the passenger when Booking a trip.
- A “Payment” refers to the total amount of money paid by a Passenger when Booking a Trip (Contribution + Booking Fee).
- A “Payout” refers to the Contributions accrued from Bookings on a Trip and sent back to the Driver using their preferred Payout Method.
- “Taking a ride”, “Rideshare” or “Carpooling” refer to the act of sharing a Trip in a vehicle amongst a Driver and Passenger(s) in exchange for a Contribution.
Changes to the Terms of Service
Yolo Cab reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Service or to modify these Terms of Service, including the Booking Fee, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms of Service, we will either post the modification on the Website or via the Mobile Application or otherwise provide you with notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms of Service. By continuing to access or use the Service after we have posted a modification on the Website or via the Mobile Application or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms of Service. If the modified Terms of Service are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Service.
- We ask Members to verify their identity through their email or phone number. We do not investigate any Member’s reputation, conduct, morality, criminal background, or any other information posted on the Service. You are responsible for exercising common sense and determining the suitability of other members of the Service. We encourage you to communicate directly with potential Drivers or Passengers through the Service and to take the same precautions you would when meeting a person for the first time.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members of our Service. We will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other Members. We reserve the right to monitor interactions and restrict access to any Member who is posting material we consider objectionable.
As our Service is a facilitator, in the event of a dispute between you and another Member, you release us (and our affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual or consequential) of any kind and nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out or in any way connected with such disputes.
As a Member of this Service, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Driving carefully, respecting the rules of the road, not being under the influence and not violating any applicable laws or regulations, and driving a vehicle in good functioning order that has passed any required vehicle inspections
- Not infringe the rights of any third party, including without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights
- Not using information obtained through this Service for any unauthorized purpose
- Not interfering with or damaging the Service. We come in peace – don’t mess
- Not using this Service to distribute spam
- Respecting other Members: no harassment, abuse (verbal or physical), or stalking is tolerated on the Service
- Not using the Site for commercial activities, unless otherwise agreed directly with Yolo Cab
- Not registering to the site on behalf of another individual
- To be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the Yolo Cab Service or register for a Yolo Cab account. By accessing or using the Yolo cab Service you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a contract.
- Not assisting a third party in doing any of the above